- 500ml (2 cups) coconut cream (don’t shake the can)
- 4 tsp red curry paste (check the ingredients to make sure it’s vegan – some contain shrimp)
- 500g Jap pumpkin, peeled and diced
- 300g green beans, trimmed and cut in half
- Small tin water chestnuts, drained
- Small tin bamboo shoots, drained
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp grated palm sugar
- Coriander leaves and cashew nuts to garnish
- Spoon the thick coconut cream from the top of the tin into the wok and heat until boiling.
- Add the curry paste, then reduce heat and simmer, stirring, for 5 minutes, until the oil begins to separate.
- Add the remaining coconut cream and pumpkin and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the green beans, water chestnuts and bamboo shoots and simmer for another 8 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Gently stir in the soy sauce, lime juice and palm sugar.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and cashews and serve with steamed rice or quinoa.
Here comes the sun, na na na naaaaa…
from the awesome Perth blog Vegan Sparkles